This week we continue or series at Imprint Church called Witness.
It’s a study of the book of Acts. This week we look at chapter 10-11.
Watch this sermon from Imprint Church in Woodinville on Acts 10-11.
- Ready to have some fun? To break the ice, spend a few minutes sharing your favorite viral videos on YouTube together.
- Pray together, summarize Acts 10, and read out loud Acts 11:1-26.
- What lessons do we learn from Peter’s vision and Cornelius in Acts 10? When has God used disorientation in your life to teach you something and help you grow? How can you learn to trust God in times like this?
- Christopher Wright says, “Mission was not made for the church; the church was made for mission – God’s mission.” As we think about the church in Antioch, what does this mean and how does it apply to our church globally and locally?
- We talked about 5 ways the Church engages the world: (1) accommodation, (2) privatization, (3) militancy, (4) revivalism, and (5) engagement. What are the characteristics of each of these models and how do we guard against the dangers of the first four? What does it look like for you to engage the world like Barnabas exhorted the Christians in Antioch “to remain faithful to the Lord with steadfast purpose” (Acts 11:23)?