This week we continue or new series at Imprint Church called Witness.
It’s a study of the book of Acts. This week we look at chapter 3-4.
Watch this sermon from Imprint Church in Woodinville on Acts 3-4.
Writing Out Your Gospel Story
In lieu of doing study questions, we are going to write our testimony.
Begin by asking the Holy Spirit to give you boldness to witness of the grace of Jesus Christ. Then write your testimony. Here’s what you want to include:
- Your life before Christ.
- Don’t over dramatize your story. It’s not about you! Just explain what your life was like.
- If you do not remember your story “before Christ”, please know that your testimony is still powerful. There are many people who were raised in a church environment in our culture. Consider talking about a time in your life when Christ became more real to you.
- How you came to Christ.
- How you realized you were a sinner.
- How you came to know that Jesus lived, died, and rose again for you.
- How you came to understand your need to repent from sin and believe in Jesus.
- Your life in Christ.
- Talk about if there is a discernible change in your life since coming to Christ.
- Talk about what your life is like now. Share your ongoing struggles, but tell people of the hope that you have.
After writing these out, take some time to share your story with someone. Your story should take less than 5 minutes to share.
“…for we cannot but speak of what we have seen and heard.” Acts 4:20 (ESV)