This week we continue or series at Imprint Church called Witness.
It’s a study of the book of Acts. This week we look at chapter 9.
Watch this sermon from Imprint Church in Woodinville on Acts 9.
- Pray together and read out loud Acts 9:1-31.
- Share some stories about how you have experienced God pursuing you — even when you were not pursuing Him.
- Notice the sequence of events in Saul’s life. First, he had a transformative encounter with the risen Christ. Second, he is given a mission. What does this tell us about our lives? Also, compare Saul at the beginning and the end of this passage. How is he the same and how is he different? What do we learn from this?
- Jesus promises that Saul will carry Jesus’ name before the Gentiles and kings and the children of Israel, and that Saul “must suffer for the sake of my name.” What does this tell us about being an ambassador for Christ in our world?
- How should we handle suffering (e.g., being socially ostracized, losing credibility, not getting promoted, relationship strain, etc.) for the sake of the Gospel?
- Read out loud Galatians 2:20. How does this verse play out in your life?