This week we continue our series at Imprint Church called Light in a Land of Darkness.
It’s a study of the book of Isaiah. This week we look at chapter 6.
Watch this sermon from Imprint Church in Woodinville on Isaiah 6.
- Read Isaiah 6 out loud together.
- How do you see Isaiah looking “UPWARD, INWARD, and OUTWARD” in Isaiah 6? Why is the order important?
- Theologian A.W. Tozer was famous for saying, “What comes into our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us.” What does he mean by this and how can a big vision of God change everything in our lives (talk specifically about your spheres of life — work, school, family, church, etc.)?
- If God is completely holy (Isaiah 6:3), how can humanity draw near to Him and have a personal relationship with Him? What does “atonement” mean and what does it accomplish for people (Isaiah 6:7)?
- Isaiah 6:9-10 is one of the most quoted passages from Isaiah in the New Testament (see Matthew 13:13-15, Mark 4:12, Luke 8:10, John 12:40, Acts 28:25-28, and Romans 11:8). Why do these verses actually compel us to continue to declare the Gospel message even when we face opposition?