This week we continue our series at Imprint Church called Light in a Land of Darkness.
It’s a study of the book of Isaiah. This week we look at chapters 7-9.
Watch this sermon from Imprint Church in Woodinville on Isaiah 7-9.
- READ Luke 9:24. What does this passage mean? What are the implications of losing our lives for the sake of Christ?
- How does God actually cause and use crisis in our lives? Talk about some personal examples.
- READ Isaiah 7:1-17. What is God asking Ahaz and the people of Judah to do in response to the historical crisis? What do the people do instead (see chapter 8)? And how does God respond (see chapter 9:1-7)?
- How does not trusting God lead to instability and insecurity in our lives? Talk about why we tend to put our trust in ourselves instead of trusting God.
- Discuss the balance (tension?) of trusting God and being patient and trusting God and stepping out in faith. How do you know when to do one or the other?