Friday July 18 – Prayer for the children God has placed in your life
Come and worship
For the Lord is good; His steadfast love endures forever, and His faithfulness to all generations. Psalm 100:5
Meditate on His Word John 17:13-21
I am praying for them. I am not praying for the world but for those whom you have given me, for they are yours. John 17:9
Jesus reflected the father’s heart of God when he prayed for the disciples. As a father or mother, grandmother, grandfather, aunt, uncle, foster parent, teacher etc. you can pray that the children God entrusted to you will focus on God plans for their life. God’s purposes for children are the same as God’s purposes for our lives. Jesus prayed for these purposes in the lives of those he was leading.
Reflect and give thanks
Which children has God entrusted to you to shepherd, lead, impact, encourage? What are some practical ways you can pray for these children to live for Christ? Grow strong? Serve Christ? Experience fellowship? Bring others to Christ?
Pray that our children will:
– live for Christ joyfully: “I pray these things while I’m still in the world so that they
will have the same joy that I have” v. 13b.
– will grow strong spiritually: “I’m not asking you to take them out of the world,
but to keep them safe from the evil one” v. 15.
– serve Christ effectively: “Make them ready for your service through your truth;
your teaching is truth” v. 17.
– experience fellowship personally: “My prayer is that they will be of one heart
and mind, just as You and I are one, Father … and the world will believe You
sent Me” v. 21.
– bring others to Christ regularly: “I pray not only for them, but also for those who
will believe in Me because of their message” v. 20.
Tags: 2014 Summer of Prayer